On Wed, 2013-01-09 at 16:10 +0200, Noel Grandin wrote:
maybe we need
   OUString::valueOfInt32(sal_Int32)
that does the cast for us?

At least it'll be less noisy, and we can document in one place why
it's necessary.

        Looks less error prone to me; doesn't suffer from odd side-effects of
un-related type changes as badly either; hopefully fixes the perennial
64bit vs. 32bit issues. Can be in-lined to produce ~identical code, we
could deprecated the old valueOf() methods just to beef up the idea that
we're continuing to evolve the sal API ;-)

        Any profound objections ? [ not that I've time to do it myself  of
course ].

        Thanks :-)

                Michael.