On Thu, 2012-12-13 at 14:00 +0100, Lubos Lunak wrote:
 I think it shouldn't be that difficult to write a Clang plugin that finds all
uses of SvStream::operator<</>> , checks whether the variable read to is
initalized [*] , and possibly it shouldn't be even that big deal to have it
rewrite them to a series of SvStream::readInt32() etc. calls (i.e. EasyHack
fdo#56110). I have not written yet any howto on plugins besides the examples
under compilerplugins/, but if there would be interest, I could do something.

        Oooh ! that would be really lovely :-)

[*] Or, since I assume all those variables have been needlessly initialized
just in attempt to silence the broken warning with the wretched gcc thing on
Apple, the check will need to be more complicated and find if the initializer
is not the default value for the type.

        Yep - I guess so !

        Would rather improve the robustness of our filters I suspect.

        Marc - now that's a real fun / hacking task - are you interested ? :-)

        ATB,

                Michael.