Hi Tor, All,

Firstly, Thank you for the response and the useful pointers.

What we really need is more people who are able to build the code and
work on improving it (especially the Android-specific Java layer)
themselves. You need to be running Linux or Mac OS X as Windows is not
suited for building LibreOffice for Android. Clone our "core" git
repository and learn how to build LibreOffice for your native platform
first. And then build for Android: Read README.cross and
README.Android. Join our development IRC channel and ask for advice;
best during European working hours and evenings.

I just submitted a patch (https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/1258) with just
a little feature. I noticed that there is a lot to do both in terms of
improving the current code and adding features/functionality. I am very
eager to continue working on it. While I explore the LibreOffice
infrastructure and code base, things become clearer to me and I will
hopefully contribute something substantial eventually. Meanwhile, I would
appreciate if there is anything (android-wise) I should be aware while I
explore the code base particularly.

Thanks,
Naser