This UNO add-in thing turns out a bit too complex for me. I've managed
as far as getting a libpricinglo.so compiled but "make install"
doesn't copy it into destination. Also there's no entry of the new
add-in in services.rdb, which I think is needed. I've already modified

Repository.mk
scaddins/*.mk
postprocess/packcomponents/makefile.mk
solenv/gbuild/extensions/pre_MergedLibsList.mk

but I must be missing something?

Given that Gnumeric already implemented or will implement the functions
I would strictly follow them for interoperability. You can have the
7 different functions at formula level and still internally have them
call one function with an enum, or however you would like to implement
it. Doing things differently doesn't help users.

The only function which is already in Gnumeric and I'm trying to
implement here is opt_bs() and I'll keep the parameters the same then.
Having 7-9 different functions may be ok if you only have one option
pricing function, but my plan is for 4 functions and I'm not going to
spam calc with 4*9=36 functions. :)

I should say I'm also trying to add two pricing functions
(opt_barrier() and opt_touch()) in Gnumeric but I've not reached an
agreement with the developers on exactly this issue so it probably
will simply be implemented without the "Greek flag" (delta, gamma,
vega, etc).

If there are no strong objections, I'd
prefer to go with char/string inputs or anything which is more
intuitive for the user?

I don't see that specifying a parameter with the name is more intuitive
than using a function with the same name appended. To the contrary,
function names can be localized while string arguments can't.

No, that's right, but that would explode the number of functions
unnecessarily. If string inputs are a big problem then I'd rather go
for char inputs (or even int as a last resort).

Cheers, Tino