Hi Markus,

I hope you don't mind if I CC the dev ML too - I think it is good to
share this :-)

Markus Mohrhard píše v Po 05. 11. 2012 v 04:38 +0100:

we talked shortly about it in Berlin but I don't recall what needs to
be done to make wikihelp our primary help?

Could you maybe summarize what needs to be done and how much time you
think is needed to solve the tasks.

So the big picture is that I want to get rid of the 'own' LibreOffice
help browser, and instead use whatever is the 'standard' on this or that
platform.

To get there, we must be able to generate offline help for Windows,
Linux (Gnome and KDE mainly), and Mac OSX.  So far we are able to
generate Docbook (this should be usable on Linux) and Windows native
help using:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/help/tree/wiki-to-help/README

I have no real idea what is used on MacOSX, unfortunately :-(

In order to be able to test the wiki-to-help thing, you need a wiki
dump.  I have one here:

http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/for_timo/wikihelp-dump.xml.bz2

You want to strip it to just few articles for testing first :-)

Things to solve:

- test if / how well it converts the pages
  - I tested that briefly, it worked well enough to be able to pass the
    student, but did not do any deep investigation

- move the extended tooltips out of the help
  - they are the <ahelp>...</ahelp> tags in the help, git grep for the
    usage in the help repo
  - as Caolan pointed out, the best would be to move them out of help
    (to .ui or .src); the catch is that we must do it so that the
    translators do not have to translate it twice - once for the help,
    2nd time for the .ui/.src.  Andras - any ideas there, please?

- the MacOSX help
  - no idea how it is done, but hopefully we'll be able to convert
    Docbook to that

- help indexes
  - currently the help id's are done as wikihelp redirects to the page.
    This has to be translated to some kind of index that is usable
    runtime to point directly to the right paragraph in the help.

I'm very much looking forward to the point when wikihelp is the
primary help

Me too - any help from you, or anybody else is greatly appreciated! :-)
Please let me know if you have any further questions; I hope I did not
forget much.

All the best,
Kendy