Hi there,

On Wed, 2012-10-10 at 13:13 +0530, vikash kumar wrote:
I am vikash, a recent cse graduate and a old linux and libreoffice
user. I am looking to contribute to the project,

        Welcome ! :-) good to have you around. One thing to do is to hang out
on IRC and ask questions: irc.freenode.net, #libreoffice-dev is a good
place to be.

Please help me get involved in the project. I would really appreciate
if someone would like to be my mentor to get me started.

        It looks like Markus helped you out with bug#45904 - and no doubt has
some great tasks up his sleeve for people :-)

Other helps like what should i study and prepare to get involved in
the development process would also be very helpful. All in all i just
need the directions to become a part of this community.

        Overview documentation is sparse; but we're trying to build it in the
README files in the top-level directories: ls */README for example. Of
course, it depends on what you want to hack on as to which one to read -
but reading through them all wouldn't be such a long effort & perhaps
quite useful.

        Looking forward to seeing your work,

        Also - why not try out a simpler task first to get into the flow - such
as a conversion from String to OUString or somesuch ? Perhaps some
dialog migrations using Caolan's nice new layout code ?

        All the best,

                Michael.