Hi Markus
On 09/10/12 04:50, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
Hey Noel,

2012/10/4 Noel Power <nopower@suse.com>:
[...]
please think about cherry-picking
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=8e753f8446554822d97969b0c18eba6cb9d79e26

Pushed to 3-6 with my sign-off.
thanks, appreciated :-)
  However I noticed that we still have a
problem with default column width. The test file I generated had a
64px column width in Excel and after import and export in calc and
then reimporting into Excel it only had 60 px. So I suspect that we
have a similar problem there.
hmm, maybe, afaik there are some possible variations in the xml to produce a 'default' col width, possibly one of those isn't covered, It's also possible that your test document isn't using a font that is on linux ( assuming that you are testing the libreoffice side on linux ) Column widths in Excel are measured in units proportional to character widths ( as determined by the font used by the default style ) If you are using a font that 'calc' doesn't know about then it will for the width calculation fallback to some font determined by whatever font matching mechanism we use ( I suppose we no longer use that crazy font xml file but use fontconfig these days ) and in that case a column width on export could be different (especially if the font matched isn't property metrically equivalent ). In my testing at least I saw the values were as expected when using font I know exists on my windows and linux box e.g. using 'Liberation Mono 11 pt' as the font defined for the 'Normal' style. If doing similar and you still see a problem then by all means open a bug against me and I will try and figure out where it is going wrong

thanks again
Noel