On Fri, 2012-10-05 at 09:11 +0100, Noel Power wrote:
On 04/10/12 20:52, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
Looks good to me. Pushed to 3-6 with my sign-off. The only thing that
bothered me a bit is the 20.0 as magic number.
20.0 is the conversion factor for twips to points ( or vice-versa )

TWIP == TWentyInPoint where we (now universally after a few very
surprising confused TeX Point use cases in sc which are now gone I
think) take a Point as a Postscript Point of 1/72 of an Inch (like
MSOffice does and writer/vcl always did so give 1440 TWIPs per inch.

Another awesome unit is the EMU, English Metric Unit, which is a bit of
a head-scratcher of a name initially, but "English" is what Americans
call the measurement system the UK, etc. now calls "Imperial", inches,
feet, onions and what not. So an EMU is a convenient unified unit which
can record both inches and cm in round numbers sufficient large and
evenly divisible enough to continue to represent fairly high resolution
subdivisions of inch/cm in whole numbers of EMU. 36000 EMUs per cm and
91440 EMUs per inch.

C.