Hi Tor,

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 4:00 AM, Tor Lillqvist <tml@iki.fi> wrote:
Again, I wonder how essential / useful this whole rebasing thing is
any more in this day... But yeah, I know that suggesting we stop doing
it will bring up arguments that essentially say "if it might be useful
for even one percent of our userbase, we should keep doing it".

Anyway, this issue is not simply one of only whether to rebase DLLs or
not (to be non-overlapping by default in the address space) after
building, before creating the installer. See
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@openoffice.org/msg15650.html . We
still to that un-rebasing at installation time (on the more current
Windows versions), don't we?

Ah, thanks for this info. It's good to know the "why" behind this rebasing.

Kohei