Hi Alex,

Alexander Wilms píše v So 08. 09. 2012 v 00:38 +0200:

during the last IRC meeting of the design team a few questions were
raised and maybe some devs could answer them.

1) Would it be feasible to create a new UI element, a modal bar like
the one shown in Nautilus when e.g. an MP3 player is plugged. After
the user exits Impress' slideshow mode while using the Android remote,
a modal bar should appear, featuring a button to disconnect the phone
and one to stay connected for future presentations.

It's always best to attach a screenshot / mockup to show what you have
exactly in mind :-)  But if I understand that correctly, it is the thing
that Firefox also uses to teach more about the license etc.

This is not the first request for this - Cedric might need that for the
CMIS work, or Lubos for his planed font-related work.  Ie. it will
happen, but no idea yet who will be the lucky one who implements it
first ;-)

2) Do you need the option 'Size optimization for ODF format'. We're
not sure whether it's an advanced feature used by devs or if it's
unneccessary.

Is that the option that internally formats the xml so that it is better
readable by humans?

The devs can for sure use some external pretty-printers (xmllint or
something) to achieve this, so I think they are not the target group
here.

3) Is it possible to integrate warnings like 'You're saving to OOXML,
which means some formatting might get lost.' into the system file dialogs?

Like, to use that instead of our "beware, you are saving non-ODF!"
dialog box?

If you mean the native Windows / Gnome / KDE dialogs, it is a bit hard;
they support a way to add check boxes, but more might be problematic.
Do you have an example of another app that does this?  If there is one,
I am sure we can do it too.

All the best,
Kendy