On 09/06/2012 09:37 AM, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
hunk.  In this case, the use of RTL_CONSTASCII_STRINGPARAM() kind of
simulates "startsWith" (that we do not have as a method); ie. for
rQAttributeName == "xmlns:SOMETHING":

rQAttributeName.compareToAscii( RTL_CONSTASCII_STRINGPARAM("xmlns:") ) == 0

but

rQAttributeName.compareToAscii( "xmlns:" ) > 0

Good catch; and the different semantics of the compareTo... overloads is a horrible gotcha indeed.

I wonder if it makes sense to introduce some kind of CONSTASCII_STRLEN()
macro that would make this more obvious, and convert the
rQAttributeName.compareToAscii( RTL_CONSTASCII_STRINGPARAM("xmlns:") )

Not sure what you mean here. (And there already is RTL_CONSTASCII_LENGTH, btw.)

cases to that?  Or even better, introduce a startsWith() [or just
startsWithAscii() for the optimized case] method, like we did with the
isEmpty()...

Note that "startsWith" is already covered by the various existing match... functions, with a default fromIndex = 0.

Stephan