On Tue, 2012-09-04 at 20:54 +0200, Samuel Mehrbrodt wrote:
Thanks,
in the meantime I did a full rebuild over night and now it's working
again.

I would like to work on improving the layout of some dialogs and other
UI stuff.
Am I right that you are working on some kind of auto-layout like gtk
has? How far are you with that? I would rather use some layout
mechanism than playing with fixed positions and moving pixels around.

Its reasonably advanced. See the cmclayouttrans branch
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/?h=feature/cmclayouttrans
Plenty of rough edges I'm sure, but can render fairly arbitrary
glade-created .ui files with a fairly low burden of pain involved with
changing a dialog over to use it.

If you're interested you could pick a dialog, re-do it manually in glade
and fire the .ui over to me and I could convert the dialog code over to
use it. Adding whatever implementations we're still missing as I go.

Some notes: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/WidgetLayout

C.