On 25 August 2012 11:33, Tomáš Chvátal <tomas.chvatal@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

as my previous issue with mergedlibs not behaving with includes this
looks like another case.

This time when building with binfilter enabled the build fails because
SVTOOLS lib is not delivered prior we try to build the binfilter
stuff.

It is, but as the message says empty. That's because it's in libmerged.
The (|my) assumption was that in tail_build we can do anything because
~nothing depends on it
(Well, there is still this horrible odk..)
binfilter breaks this, but I really don't care about binfilter.

So any ideas?

I'd say --enable-mergelibs is future and --enable-binfilter past and
don't use both.
But since they somehow meet in 3.7 (or 3.6) you could fix it.

Just put some ifdefs info binfilter like
if $(MERGELIBS) == TRUE
SVTOOLS=-lmerged
else
SVTOOLS=-lsvt
endif
maybe also for other libraries.

btw, also scp2 would need some fixing because you probably package empty files.
But I didn't find a solution how to do it for all libs in libmerged at
once, so I don't care for now.
You would probably need ifdef for each lib in libmerged.

And for curiosity.. Is there any difference in size between
--enable|disable-mergelibs ? (the overall size of libs)
And has some gentoo user also tried --enable-lto ? (in theory with gcc
4.7 it could work)

Thanks,
Matus