Hi QA guys,

Thorsten Behrens píše v Pá 24. 08. 2012 v 17:11 +0200:

If you've a bit of time, please give them a try & report *critical*
bugs not yet in bugzilla here, so we can incorporate them into the
release notes. Please note that it takes approximately 24 hours to
populate the mirrors, so that's about the time we have to collect
feedback.

I have encountered an installation issue on Czech Windows XP SP3; during
the installation, the MS installer crashed with

"Instrukce na adrese 0x6eb16935 odkazovala na adresu paměti 0x013fde20.
S pamětí nelze provést operaci: written."

[something like "Instruction at address 0x6eb16935 referenced a memory
address 0x013fde20.  Failed to perform memory operation: written."]

message.  I deliberately copy it in my native language, because when I
tried to google for the addresses there, the only hit was:

http://answers.microsoft.com/cs-cz/windows/forum/windows_xp-windows_install/msiexecexe-chyba-aplikace/05479c61-3125-4cb6-8523-51cbfde78139?msgId=650e7f51-0a27-439e-8df2-5a0cf77d25b1

that talks about other software having the same installation problem
too.

I suspect it is a MS Installer bug, because an upgrade of Microsoft
Installer to 4.5 solved that for me.  When I tried to replicate the
problem on another machine with Czech Windows XP SP3, I wasn't able to
do that, it just worked for me.

I am writing this to you more to have your attention when you get any
other such report, in that case I think we should try to work that
around; but I suspect there is some very rare condition that triggers
this, otherwise searching for 0x6eb16935 would give me more results ;-)

All the best,
Kendy