Hi everyone,

Today I did the following:
- Disabled bluetooth (Linux) for glib < 2.26 since dbus isn't available in gio until then. (Is it worth looking into using dbus-glib instead? I only do one dbus call at startup, and possibly one at shutdown -- everything else is via sockets.)
- Added manual server ip entry, and permanent storage of such entries.
- Added deletion of manual entries.

If my bluetooth dongle arrives tomorrow I'll try and get bluetooth on windows running (the api seems fairly similar to that on linux, except service advertising doesn't need dbus, which was the main issue with the Linux implementation). However I've noticed that there are multiple bluetooth stacks with different api's on windows -- initially I'll use the windows api, but the widcomm stack also seems to be quite common (I'll be looking at the bluecove library once again for inspiration). I'll probably discover more as I actually write and test the code.

If I don't have a bluetooth dongle tomorrow I'll probably implement the error/reconnection screen and necessary code. For this I think it would be worth having a mechanism of saving approved clients in Libreoffice to avoid the need for repeated pin entry (i.e. the first time a client connects it has to "pair" using the pin, after this it never has to authenticate again). This would be similar to the way that bluetooth "pairs" devices on their first connection (the OS / bluetooth stack dealing with the pin) after which authentication isn't required again. (For bluetooth I don't bother with the pin entry screen, as the user will have already approved the device via a popup window created by the OS / desktop.)

I've also been looking at filtering bluetooth devices in the app: currently on the selection screen I list all bluetooth devices that are discovered. It is theoretically possible to use SDP to detect whether the device runs LibO, but this is only available on Android API >=15 (4.0.3) -- is it worth adding such filtering, and should I leave it until later as a low priority item? It is also possible on I think all android versions to detect what type of device you have found (laptop, smartphone, toy, scales, see http://developer.android.com/reference/android/bluetooth/BluetoothClass.Device.html for more ) -- is it worth filtering out anything but COMPUTER_* and possibly PHONE_SMART (I'm not sure what tablets are classed as yet -- but I assume we want to have the option of a tablet running a presentation being controlled by a phone as well)?

Cheers,

Andrzej