On Thu, 2012-08-09 at 11:37 -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
Just to voice my opinion, I too would be reluctant to see this
integration.  We core devs already receive tons of mails from bugzilla
many of which are pretty much noise.

        :-) I guess, there is no shortage of bugs to be CC'd on.

 And I'm personally not very fond of this type of automatic messages
cluttering bugzilla comments.

        I love the "fixed in 3.6.1" type automated comments - they're -really-
useful for QA to see which versions a bug is fixed in and to set
expectations right I guess.

        I suppose we could ask/pay Tollef to work on extending:

        https://bugs.freedesktop.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email

        To add some flag magic for a new option for some the "ignore fixedin
XYZ" version stuff - but that's a bit of a PITA to maintain going
forward I suspect; I wonder if a mail filter could do the same.

I'm also equally concerned about fragmenting our discussion platforms.
Even without gerrit, splitting the discussion between the mailing list
and bugzilla was (to me) hard enough.

        Yep - I guess auto-spamming can go too far; OTOH, it is rather relevant
that a fix for a bug has shown up and useful for a reporter to know that
there is a build of it to try out. Also we fix on average ~6 bugs per
day though we want to raise that - so, even if they're all in calc - if
we get it right with a single new bugzilla comment that says:

        "a gerrit branch, with a patch that fixes this bug was built
         for the specified platform >here<"

        And then no further comments afterwards seems like it might be on the
acceptable side ?

        Anyhow - thanks for raising the issue ! :-)

        ATB,

                Michael.