Hi Efe,

On Thursday, 2012-08-02 23:43:51 +0300, Efe Gürkan YALAMAN wrote:

[... much stuff about legacyOnly="true" ...]

That part is little bit challenging for me.

I can imagine.. long story short: the number formatter generates
currency format codes taking the format codes from the locale data and
inserting the CurrenySymbol from each Currency element in turn. The
legacyOnly="true" attribute tells the formatter to not generate formats
for that Currency element. A format code for such a Currency is only
displayed if a document is loaded that uses it. Not having
legacyOnly="true" on the old TRL/TL Currency made the formatter display
a duplicated list with TL formats, along with TRY/TL.

Maybe clearer, if not then just forget it ;-)

new Unicode code point U+20BA assigned to the symbol isn't in yet and
won't be displayed properly by systems (it is some generic "₺" currency
symbol now) so we'll have to do that later, see also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_lira_sign

By the way new currency sign is just a character inside of a font.
http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/yeni/eng/

Sure, but so far existing fonts do not have that glyph and display
whatever they have there, e.g. what you see here for U+20BA: ₺

Even on http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/yeni/iletisimgm/TurkishLira.php the sign
in the text is displayed only as a graphical image, not a font glyph,
http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/yeni/iletisimgm/TLSimge/TLSimge.jpg

Could you please send a mail to the mailing list with a blanket
statement that you contribute this and further patches under LGPLv3+ and
MPL 1.1 licenses?

I will.

Thanks.

It was challenging for me as a 1. grade computer engineering student. I
learned a lot from you.

Thank you again.

Well, thank you :-)

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD