On 30/07/12 22:47, Christina Roßmanith wrote:
I've created a rectangle in Draw (manually - no svg import this time),
filled it with a linear gradient with a constant 50% opacity and saved
the file as fodg. Then I saw that opacity is stored at two places in the
file:
1. in the gradient definition (draw:start-intensity="50%"
draw:end-intensity="50%")

No, this is not the opacity it is intensity of the colour which is how
big percentage of the colour is mixed with 100-percentage of black.

The opacity gradient is a draw:opacity _element_
that has draw:start and draw:end percentage. It is referred to from the
style with its draw:opacity-name like a normal colour gradient.

2. in the rectangle style (draw:opacity="50%")

This is the draw:opacity _attribute_ that characterizes a constant
opacity of the shape. According to the standard, the draw:opacity-name
overrides this attribute.

If I remove it in the rectangle style and re-open the fodg file the
rectangle isn't filled transparently anymore, i.e. the opacity in the
gradient definition is ignored. So my question is: Which code is
responsible for reading fodg files (to check if start-intensity and
end-intensity are processed at all) and which code does the painting?

Cheers

F.