I was debugging the problem mentioned in fdo#45260 and found a strange problem.
Copy uses BoundRect()
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sd/source/ui/view/sdview2.cxx#133
while Paste uses SnapRect()
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sd/source/ui/view/sdview3.cxx#631
And unfortunately both have a comment warning it shouldn't be changed to other :(
[But, changing one of them to use common Rect() fixes the issue]

Since the comment in sdview2.cxx is specific to lines and using SnapRect() there solves the issue, would this be safe to fix it that way, please? Or am I missing some vital information?

Thank you so much!
Muthu Subramanian