On 05/07/12 02:47, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
On 07/04/2012 03:23 PM, Noel Power wrote:
with http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=1720641bf36306fc296635925e571556ced8a302 a long standing wrinkle with modifying nested structs in basic should be eliminated

[ blah blah blah ]
The behavior change scares me a bit. I seem to remember some time back that there was a reason for this behavior, but I was given that information many years back..... I discussed it in Berlin
I'd be interested if you can recall
Do you intend to change UNO so that structures return as a reference (very dangerous, don't do it), or only when used in basic as object.structure.property? This may be workable / safe, but may break some existing code (although I can't think of any code that it would break).
there is no change to uno only how basic handles an already acquired uno structure ( either one defined locally or fetched from some other uno operation )

I feel silly asking this, since if you know how to change the behavior, then you likely know more about this than I (I don't know how to change the behavior).

being bitten ( often ) by changing basic I understand the fear :-) But, I can't see that this change would be 'dangerous' it surely is the correct and desired behaviour ( but maybe indeed I am missing something and perhaps influenced by a long irritation with the way it worked before ). Of course the caveat is there is always a risk of some unexpected side-effect with any change ( especially true in basic )

Noel