I am trying to build DocumentLoader on Android with Eclipse too.
I have created a new project in my own directory, not in libreoffice source
directory.

Well, if you do that, you will have to figure out any problems yourself, sorry;)

I don't really see the point in copying stuff away from there, if what
you want is to build the DocumentLoader testbench, which requires a
whole lot of files from the LO build anyway.

Maybe I should copy lo-bootstrap.c in sal/android to somewhere else?

Only if you know what you are doing and can make it work...

Or should I build it with ndk-build to make it become a .so library?

No, it is built using the normal LibreOffice "gbuild" mechanism. (Yes.
into a shared library.)

You do realize that the DocumentLoader app needs a long list of other
shared libraries from LO at run-time, too, and a bunch of
configuration files, etc?

If this is what I should do; where can I find the Android.make file?

There is no Android.make file involved. This is not a typical Android
app that would have been written from scratch using Android
conventions and high-level toolchain (ndk-build or Eclipse).

Anyway, can I ask what you are planning to hack on here? It would be
great to have more volunteers helping out with the Android stuff.

--tml