On 06/11/2012 04:55 PM, Olivier Hallot wrote:
Is there a tool to handle services.rdb, beside pure xml text edition?

Nothing besides (XML-aware) text editors. regview etc. no longer work on it. (Which I considered a minor problem when changing it, as the information is already textual now. But of course, any scripts etc. built around it would now need to be adapted.)

How easy it is to have the extension manager GUI as a installable
module, or bundled optional extension? Is it something that can fit into
an easy hack? (I am seeking to clone the update manager feature as
starting point).

If you want to make the extension manager GUI into an optional module (so that, e.g., end users have no easy way to mess with it), that shouldn't be too difficult. Things that come to mind:

* The code should mostly be separated into a deploymentgui dynamic library already (in module desktop).

* Hooks that call into that code are "Tools - Extension Manager..." and trying to open an .oxt file (e.g., passing it to LO on command line).

* It might be necessary to make the code for only update of extensions conditional on whether the GUI is available.

* There might be more...

Stephan