Hi, Markus and Kohei,

I guess I'm supposed to use that GSOC tag in the title?

I felt that progress went slowly this week on converting ScXMLTableRowCellContext::EndElement() to use direct Sc calls, but in the process of the conversion and writing related unit tests, I have learned a great deal. I believe this knowledge will better equip me to continue converting future code and to work on those areas we had decided to skip for the time being. Some things that were a confusing mess to me before are starting to become a mess that makes a little bit of sense. :-) Also, the unit tests that Markus encouraged me to write proved to be extremely useful for identifying and fixing problems that I had initially introduced when converting the code for data validity import.

The main accomplishments of this week include:
1)Breaking the monster method ScXMLTableRowCellContext::EndElement() into smaller, more readable methods and removing old code that had been commented out. 2)Writing unit tests for import of merged cells, repeating cells, and data validity. 3)Converting the import of data validity to use direct sc calls instead of UNO API.

As for things still to do in ScXMLTableRowCellContext, EndElement() still uses UNO for XMLTextImportHelper. SetCursorOnTextImport(), CreateChildContext(), SetAnnotation(), and SetDetectiveObj() also still use UNO. After analyzing and converting these, I'd like to re-examine trying to convert the XShape, DrawPage, and set styles methods in ScMyTables and writing unit tests for anything that I might have missed in the past. Of course, I will work on anything else that you deem higher priority.

I'd also like that add that the more I use and learn about git, the more I love it!
Have a good weekend and, Kohei, enjoy your vacation!

Respectfully,
Daniel Bankston