On Tue, 2012-05-29 at 21:37 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
On 29/05/12 21:21, Eike Rathke wrote:
One could even have only one checkout and natively compile all platforms
from it, which was how it was done in Sun Hamburg labs.

unfortunately that only worked with setsolar, not with configure based
builds, because the names of the set_soenv shell output files collided.
then i actually fixed that in CWS gnumake4, but now we have a single
config_host.mk again :)  well i don't currently build different
platforms over NFS so who cares...

I used to build all the weird-ass ports locally over nfs on a shared
source tree but gave up with the various changes that broke that. Anyway
disk space is so relatively insanely cheap now that the space saving
side of things doesn't matter much. There even used to be a common[.pro]
output dir at one stage for arch independent output so slower arches
could skip building those (?) but that went away years ago I think.

C.