On Tue, 2012-05-22 at 18:36 +0300, Muhammad Haggag wrote:
a glance what the numbers mean. It looks like this:
http://imgur.com/3WqVD

        Wow - glad you got it working nicely :-) Thanks for that ...

Also, I'm not sure how localizable string literals are handled in the
code base. Does LO use something like gettext, or do I have to
explicitly add a string resource and load it?

        You get to add the string into a '.src' file, and allocate a magic
number for it in a .hrc file (hunt for a spare space in the integer
space), then load it via a ResId()

        eg. aBuf.append(String(ScResId(SCSTR_EXTDOC_NOT_LOADED)));

        I'd git grep for STR_ in sc/ or something to see a number of those.

        Normally for this a pseudo-printf format would be used so use a % or $
magic in the string to be replaced. For an example of that:

String STR_RECOVER_QUERY
{
    Text [ en-US ] = "Should the file \"$1\" be restored?" ;
};

        Or somesuch (though I can't see that used - which is annoying, I wonder
why it is in the .src file and hence compiled, translated, and
distributed when it's not used ;-).

        Anyhow a quick hunt about for substituting that sort of thing would
prolly do what you want.

        Nice work !

                Michael.