On Mon, 2012-05-14 at 09:43 +0200, David Tardon wrote:
Unfortunately this does not work with genbrk from older ICUs (ICU 4.6
here).

Well, as always, if a non-default --with-system-foo doesn't work you get
to keep both pieces :-)

Commit dd49c193de9c4515335ad4a29778ceff225e3c38 attempts to avoid
the problem (by filtering references to the new character class out).

buildtime regression test should at least ensure that the specific
Hebrew case works anyway.

Maybe we should require newer ICU (I hope this does work with 4.8)?

Could make things a little easier with this filtering rules to support multiple
icu versions by keeping multiple rules in the .txt file and tag them
with easier to filter comments e.g. something like...

$AL_FOLLOW_CM   = [$CL $EX $IS...     # ICU 48
$AL_FOLLOW_CM   = [$CL $EX $HL $IS... # ICU 49

and strip them out via their tags

C.