this patch reverts commit
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=16c9d63da67897e51960f3684d8d05b06f2c8f81
Quote:
"This ensures that we don't get a half visible entry at the bottom of the view."

Actually that creates some problems:
1. Some listboxes get too small so that it's impossible to use the scrollbar.[1] 2. Just open the LibreOffice file picker and resize it. Notice the ugly gray space between the bottom of the listbox and the bottom of the decoration.

I wonder what's ugly in a partially visible item at the bottom?

Yes, I can make the current behavior optional and use it somewhere. But where?..

[1] https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=60955

Regards,
Ivan