On 02/05/2012 13:24, Caolán McNamara wrote:
On Wed, 2012-05-02 at 04:08 -0700, julien2412 wrote:
Hello,

Searching for "DECLARE_LIST" in Opengrok in core part gives, except the
declaration in list.hxx, this :
in svl/inc/svl/svdde.hxx
      57 #ifndef _SVDDE_NOLISTS
      58 DECLARE_LIST( DdeServices, DdeService* )
      59 #else
      60 typedef List DdeServices;
      61 #endif

I searched about _SVDDE_NOLISTS and it seems nowhere to be seen.
Seeing as nothing is defining _SVDDE_NOLISTS then currently the
DECLARE_LIST branch is unconditionally taken, right ?, not the typedef
branch. So its the typedef branch that's dead.
You're absolutely right, I was too eager to remove it :-)
Could we just have "typedef List DdeServices;", move DECLARE_LIST
declaration in binfilter part (since there are still some places to be
converted) and remove completely DECLARE_LIST for core ?
Seeing as its the last DECLARE_LIST left in core it looks like a great
candidate to convert it to vector/list and allow removal of DECLARE_LIST
into binfilter. Watch out though, there's some windows only code in
ddesvr using the DdeServices thing.
Yes it seems that the only thing compiled in unix platforms is svl/unx/source/svdde/ddedummy.cxx Since I can't compile on Windows and I'm really not sure to do it well, I prefer not removing this DECLARE_LIST myself.

C.
Julien.