On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 22:07 +0200, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
This led me to unfortunate conclusion that there is NO official page where to
figure which are latest version and how to obtain them.

True. I maintain (a little out of date) a matrix of what's available
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org/LinguisticComponents
Some stuff is only available as firefox/thunderbird etc extensions
although they use hunspell as well. Some stuff (IIRC) has either *no*
license, or licenses which might make them unsuitable for bundling into
Fedora and so on. Some scripting of the Fedora source repository to pull
out the URL/Source lines from all of those packages .spec files might be
of some use to you to bootstrap the "homes" of those dictionaries, etc.

Lots of effectively abandonware there too :-( And some very good quality
work which seems to have disappeared from the wider web, e.g. the Maori
dictionaries :-(

Lots of projects as you say don't provide much documentation in English,
which can be problematic :-), and lots of them have rather crazy
versioning schemes which make it hard to figure out if a given
dictionary is newer than another one, or a special spelling rule
variant :-(

C.