On 20/04/12 09:01, Miklos Vajna wrote:
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 05:06:43PM -0400, Kohei Yoshida <kohei.yoshida@gmail.com> wrote:
My question is, do we need to keep this asynchronicity of
SwHTMLParser, or is it okay to change it into a synchronous call like
the rest of SvParser uses?

I would be surprised if this would be really required, all the sw
filters I know of are synchronous ones.

then you haven't heard of these ones:

filter/source/config/fragments/filters/HTML.xcu:        <prop oor:name="Flags"><value>IMPORT
EXPORT ASYNCHRON PREFERRED</value></prop>
filter/source/config/fragments/filters/HTML__StarWriter_.xcu:        <prop
filter/source/config/fragments/filters/writer_web_HTML_help.xcu:        <prop
oor:name="Flags"><value>IMPORT INTERNAL NOTINFILEDIALOG NOTINCHOOSER ASYNCHRON
READONLY</value></prop>
filter/source/config/fragments/filters/writerglobal8_HTML.xcu:        <prop

quite what the advantage of that is i don't know; presumably it makes
Writer a better Web browser somehow?

I'm working on removing SvRefBase from SvParser to make its life cycle
a little more easier to understand.  I've checked the call sites of
all of its derived classes, and in most of those call sites, we could
easily replace it with scoped_ptr.  The only exception is the
SwHTMLParser, where its use involves asynchronous call to parse HTML
input.  This makes a bit non-trivial to manage its life cycle.

would wrapping a shared_ptr around it work?