Hi Johnny,

On 12 April 2012 07:31, Johnny Chen <johnny.uw@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I am new to LibreOffice, so sorry for any dumb questions.

Welcome here.
And don't worry about questions.

The build went on for an hour or so until it failed.The problems seem to be
within the xml2cmp and clucene modules.

That's because they are first modules with gbuild building system.

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'c:/cygwinc:/cygwin/home/Johnny/libo/workdir/wntmsci12.pro/CxxObject/xml2cmp/source/xcd/main.o'

Does anyone have any idea what may have caused this?

It's most probably because you have LibreOffice sources in /home.
I would think it works by now but obviously not. Maybe I will
investigate why later.
Sorry for this, preferred way is to have sources in C:/Libo or one
directory lower but not too much.
I have C:/Git/Libo

and I don't know which Makefile is calling the link command.

It's http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/solenv/gbuild/platform/WNT_INTEL_MSC.mk#n338
:)

Another newbie question is this: why did we not terminate the
build earlier if xml2cmp failed?

I don't know, the script used is: solenv/bin/build.pl
But that's not necessary bad because you don't need to build what already is.

Windows tinderboxes are green [1], so hopefully you will get your build soon.

All the best,
Matus

[1] http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/MASTER/status.html