2012.04.05. 21:23 keltezéssel, Stephan Bergmann írta:
* The updatecheckui lib is part of that module; should its scp entry
also be
marked ComponentCondition="ISCHECKFORPRODUCTUPDATES=1"?

Andras, do you have insight on the above?

Yes, I think so. Probably the feature is blocked anyway, but it is cleaner, when we don't install unused/useless files.

* unpack_update (and other scripts as well?) need only be generated if
ENABLE_ONLINE_UPDATE.

* It is inconsistent that there is a distinct onlineupdate.xcd not
merged into
main.xcd, while the updchk and updatecheckui component files are
merged into
the global services.rdb.

Is online update considered a true optional module, that users (of the
Windows installer, esp.) are intended to (de-)select individually? If
yes, we should move its lib component files into an rdb of its own. If
not, we should instead merge onlineupdate.xcd into main.xcd.

It is a selectable feature in Windows installer (selected by default). Enterprise users may want to disable online update, because they deploy the updates centrally managed.

* The updchk res file should also go into (a resource sub-module of) the
optional online update module.

+1

Best regards,
Andras