On 04/04/2012 05:00 PM, Noel Grandin wrote:
I've converted a bunch of stuff, including graphic/GraphicProvider. I'm
now getting failures in some of the unit tests.
Are my changes at fault, or is there something else that needs fixing?

Thanks, Noel Grandin

File tested,Test Result,Execution Time (ms)
file:///home/noel/libo/sc/qa/unit/data/xls/pass/CVE-2010-0822-1.xls,##Failure
Location unknown## : Error
Test name: ScFiltersTest::testCVEs
An uncaught exception of type com.sun.star.uno.DeploymentException
- component context fails to supply service
com.sun.star.graphic.GraphicProvide
r of type com.sun.star.graphic.XGraphicProvider
[...]
[/home/noel/libo/workdir/unxlngx6.pro/CppunitTest/sc_filters_test.test]

From a very quick glance: Many of our "unit tests" have the problem that they need a rather extensive environment set up, with many UNO services available, but they set that up manually. Now, due to lots of that pseudo-defensiveness nonsense in the code base we already discussed, missing pieces in those test environments often went undetected.

I assume that adding svtools/util/svt to the gb_CppunitTest_add_components list in sc/CppunitTest_sc_filters_test solves this specific problem.

If yes, the general pattern is: If there's a DeplyomentException about a missing service from a test, look that service up in program/services/services.rdb or ure/share/misc/services.rdb, note which component provides it, from the component's uri attribute learn which dynamic library that would be, and check that the test's mk file gb_CppunitTest_add_components list mentions that library's .component file.

Stephan