On 4/2/12 12:52 PM, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

    https://github.com/eagles051387/LibreOffice-Android-UI-

I notice that you have committed also "binaries" (build output files, even temporary ones) into git...

Looking at the actual (single) source file (https://github.com/eagles051387/LibreOffice-Android-UI-/blob/master/LoDroidUI/src/loDroid/UI/LO_Program_Selector.java ), I see maybe five lines of non-boilerplate code?

So the menu xml file and the single java file would be sufficient to commit to the LO repository, and nothing else?

    My question though is what would be the best way to hook that
    project in with the core,

At this stage, I think that would be just a waste of time.

Do we even know if we want just one Android app that would contain all the "aspects" (text, spreadsheet, presentation, drawing, database, formula)? I find it likely that it would be better to have separate apps. In that case we don't even need such a UI for selecting which aspect to start.

I am not saying a single app, I in a way trying to keep it with an application chooser that would for instance open up the respectily chosen application. The menu I did is equivalent to the application chooser on linux mac etc. I have yet to start on the in application menus for writer for instance.

For instance Apple's office app suite for iOS consists of three separate apps (text, spreadsheet, presentation) (i.e. Pages, Numbers and Keynote).

--tml