Le 31/03/12 22:31, Enrico Weigelt a écrit :

Hi Enrico,

By "official version" you mean the precompiled binaries ?
Well, it just was a matter of luck that they worked.

Actually, when I last tried on my Gentoo systems, they did *not* work.

If I were to follow your reasoning then what would you make of the
official download for LO precompiled binaries :

http://www.libreoffice.org/download/

Note that for none of those binary packages provide the mysql native
connector within the download files. Hence, it must be built and
provided separately (at present, no one that I know of does this for
Windows). I do this for Mac, but the demand is also there for those
people who download LO for Linux from the link above. Basically, if I
understand what you are saying, and extend your reasoning to the current
LibreOffice download setup, you would rather there be no binary
downloads (RPM/DEB) for LO on Linux from that site, and that it would be
better if everyone would just rely on their distros to provide the most
up to date versions. Well, I guess we won't see eye to eye on that.

Alex