Try the commandline tool, open the SDK
commandline, navigate to the SDK dir and type "WindowsSdkVer.exe
-version:vX.X" (instead of vX.X use the SDK version you want, ie
v7.1).

Still no change;)

(As such, I have no problem using MSVS2008 from the command line in a
plain minimal cmd.exe or MSYS environment, it is fairly trivial to use
the MSVS2008 cl.exe with the SDK 7.1; I just set PATH to include the
<MSVS9>/VC/bin, <MSVS9>/Common7/IDE, <MSVS9>/Common7/Tools and
<SDK7.1>/bin directories, set INCLUDE to
<MSVS9>\VC\include;<SDK7.1>\Include and LIB to
<MSVS9>\VC\lib;<SDK7.1>\Lib. But the LibreOffice build mechanism is
slightly more complex of course...)

Are we really sure that passing /useenv to vcbuild is unacceptable?
Why does solenv/inc/target.mk set INCLUDE, and settings.mk set LIB,
and target.mk then export them both if the intent is not that they
should affect the compilations? And the way, as far as I know, to get
them past vcbuild to cl.exe and link.exe is to use the /useenv switch.

--tml