On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 03:15:10PM +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:

Aha, now I understand the problem. Looking a bit closer, our biblio.odb
*doesn't* embed the database inside the .odb, this is one of the .odbs
which point to an external data source/sink. In this case it points to
~/.libreoffice/3/user/database/biblio/biblio.db[f|t] so whenever anyone
edits it then only their local .dbf and .dbt files get their data
changed :-)

Documented a way to update the bibliography database that works with
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=c7de2ddf67158733ba15cea4cb8f1786e83776d9

caolanm->lionel: might be worth having a look at the points a & b in
that README, not sure if those are bugs or intentional behavior.

a) oddly base doesn't show the same fields that the bibliography
   widget does, possibly a bug worth fixing ?

Cannot immediately reproduce. Which field is visible in one, but not
the other?

b) oddly base doesn't seem to "PACK" the dbase III files after
   editing, so deleted records still take up space in the file,
   possibly a bug worth fixing ?

Let's make it an easyhack. Put me in CC on it. It is not entirely
clear when we should pack it. After every change is too much
(performance-wise). When some threshold of space is wasted? When the
.odb file is closed? When the .odb file is saved (but then if only
data and no form / report / ... is changed, we never pack....).

Do you have an idea of how to "PACK" a dbase III file? Is is already
implemented in our code and we just need to add the function call or
does that need to be added, too?

--
Lionel