It is possible that compiling with STL debugging iterators will find it,

With MSVC? Spent some months last autumn, I think it was, on and off,
trying to get the beast to build against the debugging runtime (and
debugging code in headers, including iterators), i.e. with _DEBUG
defined, when using --enable-dbgutil.

Unfortunately that causes compilations to fail here and there like
there's no tomorrow, thanks to it turning on a lot more stricter
requirements than what the GNU STL implementation apparently has.
(Yeah, I can hear the screams already, "but the GNU implementation is
the Only True Interpretation of The Standard, M$ Sucks".)

Got tired of it finally and abandoned the effort. Check git log for
history, look for commits from me mentioning _DEBUG, debugging runtime
etc.

--tml