Hi devs,

I have the idea that it might be useful to consider encouraging devs on Linux to use Windows in a VM. I know that some of the devs are actively using Windows build environments, but also that others haven't even a running Win OS to check certain issues. Setting up a VM is not a big deal, and if needed the Board could step in paying for licences. It would make checking / communicating on certain issues much easier. Checking yourself is more direct and often not much more work than commenting that you cannot, and hope that others will shed some light on it etc. Well, I could continue with listing other advantages.

( I installed Win7 in a Virtualbox myself for testing and can confirm that it did not ruin my primary OS, nor the HDD and that it's easy to close once you're done ;-) )

Cheers,

--
 - Cor
 - http://nl.libreoffice.org