Hi there,

        I nailed a few more issues, and with some more hideous hackery, it's
possible to type 'Hello World' into writer on Android ;-) that only
works on the 2nd run - it's necessary to dismiss the initial error
dialog and re-'make run' I guess.

        I'm still poking away at it in idle cycles, the next big thing to do is
to use the damage notification from the basebmp code to re-render only
when the screen is updated, and only the damaged region, I guess :-)
that should make editing snappier and the cursor blink amongst other
things ;-) but lots more to do.

        HTH,

                Michael.