On Sun, 2012-02-19 at 18:49 +0100, Gert van Valkenhoef wrote:
Thanks again for the help. Attached a new series of patches (cumulative
with the previously sent ones and Caolan's), in which (I think) all the
Java invocations have been removed in favor of using the C++ components:

  1) Implemented the 'resultsforquery.cxx' using CLucene. This adds the
HelpSearch class to the source tree.

  2) Removed UNIX-specific code for directory access, now using OSL.

all sounds good

  3) Fixed a bug in UOString -> TCHAR* conversion.

ah, right, need a null terminated string of course.

The remaining problems are:

  1) I haven't implemented the XInvocations stuff. What's the point of
doing that? The code is a lot simpler if HelpIndexer/HelpSearch are
invoked directly.

Yeah, I don't know if there's much point to keeping the
com.sun.star.help.HelpSearch and com.sun.star.help.HelpIndexer services.

  2) CLucene is still not built as part of the build process.

I added it as the "clucene" module with a bunch of help from dtardon and
co last week. Though its not build by default yet "cd clucene && make
-sr" should build it.

Unfortunately the patches are not as well-tested as I'd like, a new
build is still running and I'm out of time, so YMMV.

I can build this up and do a bit of testing, I reckon its basically
close enough to drop into master now.

Can you add yourself to
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Developers and link to an
email confirming that this is under LGPLv3+/MPLv1.1 and I'll see about
merging it in.

C.