Hey,

2012/2/14 Michael Stahl <mstahl@redhat.com>:
On 14/02/12 17:48, Andras Timar wrote:
2012/2/14 Ivan Timofeev <timofeev.i.s@gmail.com>:
On 14.02.2012 19:31, Michael Meeks wrote:

On Tue, 2012-02-14 at 16:16 +0100, Jan Holesovsky wrote:

Markus has implemented a nice feature that should help keeping the bugs
up to date: whenever you are committing / pushing to git, and you

       ooh ! really lovely :-)

       Great work Markus !

Indeed!!! :) I'm always exceedingly amazed at the work Markus do as a
free-time contributor.

Just a question:
Is it possible somehow include the information about a target version?

IMHO target version is not known at commit time. Developer commits the
fix to master and optionally asks for cherry picking. Whoever closes
the bug should update the target version in bugzilla.

the way i got used to is to add one "target:x.y.z " for every branch
that the fix got committed to, for example:
"target:3.4.6 target:3.5.1 target:3.6.0beta0"

it looks possible to do that from a git hook as well, incrementally
(i.e. the field is extended if the current target of the branch isn't in
the list already).

but it would require that the hook knows which is the next release that
is created from every branch at push time...

That should be possible. I have some ideas based on Kendy's first
implementation for that. It should be even possible to adapt the
target version from 3.5.1 to 3.5.0 if a commit is pushed to 3-5 and
later to 3-5-0.

I will think a bit about it and hopefully find a good solution soon.

Regards,
Markus