Hi guys,

During the last two days I have been trying to add new registry keys
to our Windows installer with no joy and it's starting to get on my
nerves. So I was wondering if the wise guys can help me with this.

I have created two new macros in scp2/inc/macros with the following content:

#define REGISTRY_ENTRY_KINDMAP(name,key) \
    RegistryItem
CONCAT2(gid_Regitem_Software_Manufacturer_Productname_Productversion_Explorer_KindMap_,name)
\
        ParentID = PREDEFINED_HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE; \
        ModuleID = gid_Module_Optional_Winexplorerext; \
                ComponentCondition = "VersionNT >= 600"; \
        Subkey =
STRING(SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\KindMap); \
        Name = STRING(CONCAT2(.,key)); \
        Value = "document"; \
    End

In this first macro, the entries appear in the Registry table of the
MSI database, but they are not written in the registry during the
installation.

#define REGISTER_KINDMAP_FOR_EXTENSION(extension) \
    RegistryItem
CONCAT2(gid_Regitem_Software_Microsoft_Windows_CurrentVersion_Explorer_KindMap_,extension)
\
        ParentID = PREDEFINED_HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE; \
        ModuleID = gid_Module_Optional_Winexplorerext; \
                ComponentCondition = "VersionNT >= 600"; \
                Subkey = STRING(SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\KindMap); \
        Name = STRING(CONCAT2(.,extension)); \
        Value = "document"; \
    End

This second macro does absolutely nothing, the entries don't even
appear in the MSI database.

In my first attempt I created a new module named
gid_Module_Optional_Winexplorerext_KindMap to hold this registry
values in scp2\source\winexplorerext\module_winexplorerext.scp, but
later I dropped it just in case that was the problem.

My development system is Windows 7 (64 bits).

Can someone please give me a hint of on this before I decide to
defenestrate myself?

Cheers,

--
Jesús Corrius <jesus@softcatala.org>