Hi Josh,

On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 17:24 +1030, Josh Heidenreich wrote:
Cool so I'm re-running the tool again at the moment, but it will be
done in a couple of minutes.

        Nice work :-)

You can see the result here:
http://thejosh.info/libreoffice/module_readmes/

        Looks lovely; incidentally - if you parse the first line of the
*/prj/build.lst files - it gives you a dependency list of the modules
that are required by this module :-) [ though that may go obsolete in
the next year or so ]. Might be interesting to provide to give a flavour
of whether a package is a leaf-node ? etc.

        I really like the links to cgit, it starts to make it rather nicely
integrated :-) It makes me wonder if we should have some nice syntax for
cross-module linking (or simplified file path links that can be turned
into cgit URLs) in the README's themselves ;-) [ if it's not broken, it
doesn't have enough features yet ].

        As another wish - I wonder if we can link modules into the
http://docs.libreoffice.org/ doxygen documentation (that is if they have
any) - and assuming that is even the up-to-date place to find things :-)

        Anyhow, you inspired me to add and expand a few more READMEs myself,
hope that helps a bit.

        I imagine that a lot of the 'libfoo' things missing READMEs, can be
populated with information from the download pages, and a quick grep of
*/prj/build.lst to see which modules use them. There was also some
one-liner descriptions of some of that stuff here:

        http://www.openoffice.org/external/

        in the past :-)

        Really encouraged by your work, good stuff,

        Thanks !

                Michael.