On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 01:26:18AM +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
On 06/02/12 23:05, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
Here are 4 patches removing some unused methods in the tree.

All of these patches are contributed under the LGPLv3+ / MPL.

great!

Note, I also removed the line in the unusedcode.easy file at the same
time, if I shouldn't have done that, let me know and I'll redo these
patches.

doesn't matter too much as that will get updated anyway next time
callcatcher tool is run.
(also, unusedcode.easy only shows the situation on Linux, see below...)

Ah, didn't realize that.

If I messed anything up, or the patches need more information within the
body of the changelog, please let me know, and I'll be glad to respin
them.

thanks,

greg k-h

these "tools" things are wicked, and have traps prepared for the unwary;
it turns out that both DirEntry::GetDevice() and FileStat::FileStat(void
const*) have 2 implementations, and the WNT one is actually used in
WNT-only code:

tools/source/fsys/dirent.cxx:        aFromDevice=aFromDevice.GetDevice();
tools/source/fsys/dirent.cxx:        aToDevice=aToDevice.GetDevice();

tools/source/fsys/wntmsc.cxx:            pTemp->ImpSetStat( new FileStat( (void*) pDosDir ) );
tools/source/fsys/wntmsc.cxx:                FileStat *pNewStat = new FileStat( (void*) pDosDir
);

(and one of these is inside an "#ifdef FEAT_FSYS_DOUBLESPEED" ... you
can't make these things up i guess...)

Ugh, sorry about that, I should have caught that in a grep, my fault.

so i've only applied and pushed the part of these patches that removes
the Unix implementation (that should hopefully deter people from adding
new callers...); please try to be more careful next time (though
admittedly checking that generally is a PITA given how name lookup works
in C++)

Thanks for checking in the bits that didn't break the build.

patches to remove the tools/fsys trainwreck completely and adapt callers
to use osl/file.hxx would be appreciated of course :)

Hm, that looks a bit more fun, I'll work on that...

PS: in case you wanted the free t-shirt as the 400th contributor i'm
afraid you're probably too late :-P

I didn't know you were even offering such a thing, if I did, I would
have contributed sooner :)

thanks,

greg k-h