On 23/01/2012 22:30, Caolán McNamara wrote:
On Mon, 2011-11-21 at 11:39 -0500, Arno Teigseth wrote:
Hi

Anyone else having trouble with adding address books to Libreoffice
(File->Wizard->Address book).

I'm getting "SDBC error" on my system, _git master LO_ on linux mint
11. Have both thunderbird (repo) and evolution (repo) installed.

The "more" button says 'A connection for the following URL was
requested "sdbc:address:evolution:local".'

Funny, since I did select Thunderbird.
Does this work now in 3-5/master or do you still have a problem ?
We did fix one known problem, which Julien discovered, in finding the
right config dir location for thunderbird which might have been related
to your original problem. hopefully anyway.

C.

Hi,

In fact, since I'm on Debian, I use Icedove. Icedove is a rebranding of Thunderbird (license pb discussion between with Mozilla fundation and Debian responsables).
I pushed a patch to have access to Icedove addressbook :
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=8d7e1a6e13008bd7d35896e676796196038f1105

Here are 2 threads about it :
- http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/PATCH-About-enabling-Icedove-addressbook-connection-for-Base-tp3639069p3639069.html - http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/About-enabling-Icedove-addressbook-connection-for-Base-tp3616221p3616221.html

About Evolution, I tested "Evolution local" on master, i didn't see any problem. But perhaps I missed something.
(I'm on Pc Debian x86-64).

Julien