On 01/22/2012 11:02 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH envvar? With GNU ld, it is the only one I see. MacOS X
has "@executable_path" which is *exactly* what we want in this
situation: It is replaced by the path to the directory containing the
*main* executable, not the path to the shared library; from reading
the manpage, GNU ld-linux has only $ORIGIN, which is the path to the
shared library (that is called @loader_path on MacOS X).

Note that even Mac OS X's @executable_path is no general solution here (see <http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2012-January/023463.html>).

OTOH, even if we find a good way to handle "library load path" issue,
it still does not solve the problem of how the .oxt will work with a
LibreOffice compiled with --with-openldap, such as e.g. Debian's one.

In the --with-openldap case, postgresql-sdbc-impl.uno.so contained in the postgresql-sdbc oxt links against some other lib than libldap50.so? One more reason to change it from an extension into a proper part of LO, I would say.

Stephan