On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 01:42:03PM +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:
On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 13:19 +0200, Khaled Hosny wrote:
XLFD support was removed in commit 269f91c (#i110171) except for parsing
fonts.dir and fonts.alias. I don't think this makes much sense in
fontconfig era, and dropping it simplifies the font manager a bit (I
don't even think we use server fonts at all).

Excellent, I had noticed recently that we were switching on a
"supportFontconfig" variable to show/hide a bunch of stuff in spadmin to
handle installing fonts in a pre-fontconfig X based environment and
removed a massive whack of stuff which is never enabled for use off
that. I noticed some of that stuff in passing, good to see it gone too.

That patch was inspired by your recent cleanup work :)

Regards,
 Khaled