On Fri, 2012-01-06 at 10:04 +0100, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
Well the default user profile on Mac is generally stored here :
/Users/<username>/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/xyz.default

Excellent, that's the bit of into I wanted to check. So, the mac
getConfigDir code is...

#define MACOSX_CONFIG_DIR "/Library/Application Support"
{
    if( osl_psz_getHomeDir(Security, pszDirectory ...
        strcat( pszDirectory, MACOSX_CONFIG_DIR );
        return sal_True;
}

and connectivity has...

        { "../Mozilla/SeaMonkey/", NULL, NULL },
        { "Firefox/", NULL, NULL },
        { "../Thunderbird/", NULL, NULL }

which suggests that getConfigDir works out of the box for windows and
macosx, and its just the "generic" unix where $HOME/.config isn't
suitable to find .mozilla etc. So...

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=6be6357cce999e5a1a692da1f682847be3723587

is what I've committed to master, i.e. leave macosx alone seeing as it
probably works right now, and fix the generic case to look
for .mozilla/.thunderbird etc under the home dir, so you can layer your
icedove stuff on top of that now.

C.