Hi Olivier,

On 2012-01-03 at 14:01 -0200, Olivier Hallot wrote:

Actually, in a controlled environment, you may want to download the new
version from a internal server, sparing your expensive external
bandwidth. That is why I would like to have the download URL
configureable in a XML file (e.g. main.xcd)

Ah, I see.  OK, so after getting rid of inst:buildid, I introduced an
inst:gitid in the update .xml so that one can control the updates via a
static .xml file.  The inst:buildid was unreliable, because of the way
we reset buildid with every version bump (3.3 -> 3.4 etc.)

So, what you want to do is to put the new version to your server (let's
say http://yourserver/newersion.msi) together with the following xml
(located at http://yourserver/update.xml):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<inst:description xmlns:inst="http://update.libreoffice.org/description";>
  <inst:id>LibreOffice 3.something</inst:id>
  <inst:version>3.something</inst:version>
  <inst:gitid>123456-abcdef-1a2b3c-4d5e6f</inst:gitid>
  <inst:os>Windows</inst:os>
  <inst:arch>x86</inst:arch>

  <inst:update type="application/octet-stream" src="http://yourserver/newersion.msi"; />
</inst:description>

where inst:gitid is the value of 'buildid' in program/versionrc of
newersion.msi when installed.

The last step is to point your installations to this update xml, and
that is by modifying UpdateURL to value http://yourserver/update.xml in
program/versionrc of your installations.

Does this work for you?

inst:gitid will be available with Beta3, so the first update that will
be possible to handle this way will be Beta3 -> Beta4.  Please test &
report back in case of trouble.

Regards,
Kendy